Skip to content
What effects do the three Human Estrogen Hormones, Estrone, Estradiol and Estriol, have in the body?
- stimulate growth of the lining of the womb or uterus,
- cause breast tissue to develop and grow,
- promote fat storage and weight gain,
- promote fluid retention,
- cause thickening of the blood,
- decrease bone loss, but do not stimulate new bone growth
- increase emotional sensitivity,
- activate progesterone receptors,
- inhibit the sex drive, and
stimulate the production of thyroid binding globulin by the liver, inhibiting the action of the thyroid hormones.
- causes feminization