Holistic Approaches for Health and Wellness for Teenagers
Simply put, health and wellness for teenagers matters. A teenager’s mental health is of critical importance. We spend ample time with each patient to help them understand the causes of their symptoms and participate in the solutions. From teenage health and fitness to more serious challenges like dealing with an angry teenager, our family practice is here to help your family optimize health and wellness for teenagers.
Address Anxiety, Depression and Moodiness without Prescription Drugs
Is your teenager struggling with anxiety, depression and mood swings? Do you see an angry, sullen child and wonder where you sweet darling has went? Has ADD/ADHD been mentioned to you? These problems can often be linked to hormonal imbalances such as low thyroid, food allergies or intolerances, nutritional efficiencies and yeast overgrowth in the GI tract. Health and wellness for teenagers is within reach and can be attained using holistic measures, rather than prescription drugs.
Our Teen Program is designed to fix the underlying problems and alleviate these symptoms. This program can be tailored to fit the specific needs of a child between the ages of 11 and 19. Since some children’s needs may have outgrown our original pediatric program, yet not qualify for our Adult Comprehensive Program, TWIHW found the need to create the Tween Program. We customize this program as needed to suit individual patients’ development and the symptoms they are experiencing.
Our Health and Wellness for Teenagers Program Includes:
- A two hour medical appointment with you and your child. This will include history taking, physical exam, and education about symptoms and treatment options.
- Treatment for yeast overgrowth. This involves a one month regimen of anti-yeast medication and a strict diet. Following the yeast-free program, food challenges will be performed to detect any food sensitivities that may be causing allergy symptoms or behavior problems.
- Testing for food sensitivities (93 food panel with a simple finger stick)
- Vitamin and supplement regimen tailored to your child’s specific needs
- A nutritional workshop with our nutrition consultant. This can be a private 1 hour consult tailored to fit your specific needs, or a 3-4 hour group workshop with one or two other patients.
- Weekly monitoring by the nurse during the initial six weeks by phone or email to follow your child’s progress
Vitamins and Supplements
Additionally, vitamin and mineral supplementation will be recommended. This investment will range $25-$300 per month. This is not included in the initial investment.
After Your Initial Appointment and additional Services
After your initial appointment, additional follow-up visits with your medical provider are $199. If you choose to have your labs billed to your insurance company, the insurance company may or may not cover those lab charges. We have a direct contract with Quest Laboratories for your blood draw, we can provide you with a quote at our contracted rates. The rates provided to our practice are significantly lower than retail. In general, you will need an initial follow up visit approximately four to six weeks after your initial evaluation. The frequency and extent of future follow up visits depends on your progress. However, the average patient will need follow up once every three to six months.
Health Reset Protocol
This is generally a 4 week program consisting of anti-yeast medications and a yeast-free eating program. The medications required will cost approximately $120 (one time only). Learn more about our Health Reset Protocol and how it can help you.
About Insurance and payment options
In all cases, we appreciate and expect payment in full for our services at the time they are rendered and in return we pledge to provide you with exceptional attention and medical care as we place you on a life-long path of health and wellness. Follow this link to learn more about Insurance and Payment options at TWIHW.