Nitric Oxide Nitric Oxide was named “Molecule of the Year” in 1992 by the American scientific community. And in 1998, the discovery of Nitric Oxide as a critical signaling molecule was awarded a Nobel Prize in physiology/medicine. The Talking Molecule Nitric Oxide revolutionized conventional scientific reasoning because it was the first molecule discovered to literally communicate with another molecule.
Why does that matter? When Nitric Oxide is made by the cells in our blood vessels, it signals the surrounding arterial tissues to relax. This action lowers blood pressure, expands narrow blood vessels, eliminates dangerous clots and reduces the formation of artery-clogging plaque. Better Circulation Means Better Living
• Nitric Oxide optimizes circulation and is involved in virtually every organ system in our body. • More blood flow means better brain function and better attention.
• More blood flow means better oxygen transfer and more energy.
• More blood flow means a better sex life. (increasing Nitric
Oxide is a key function of many well-known erectile dysfunction products)
• Other benefits of nitric oxide: o reduce pain and swelling of arthritis
• reduce asthma symptoms
• protect bones from osteoporosis
• enhance effectiveness of anti- depressants
• assist the immune system with killing bacteria
• limit skin damage from the sun Nitric Oxide is Critical Nitric Oxide is critical to life.
In fact, many scientists believe Nitric Oxide to be as important to humans as oxygen. Unfortunately, most adults over 40 don’t produce enough in order to achieve optimal health. For information on how to test your Nitric Oxide levels, see our supplement of the month section and be sure to read Nancy’s Nugget below for ideas on raising your levels.