If you can persevere at collecting the ingredients, these take no time at all and are really delicious! You want to put them on your routine food list.
1 ½ cups pecans
½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
¼ cup coconut butter *
2 tablespoons pecan butter**
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons flax meal
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
2 tablespoons Swerve or Monk Fruit
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine all of the ingredients. Pulse for about 1-2 minutes, watching carefully until the mixture starts to break down. It will be powdery at first, then crumbly, and then begin to stick together.
- 2. Keep processing until the oils start to release and the mixture sticks together easily – just be careful not to over process or you will have nut butter.
- 3. Use a spoon or tablespoon to scoop a portion and use your hands to roll into a ball about ping pong ball size.
- 4. Place on a plate or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and put in the fridge to firm up for about 30 minutes.
- 5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
*Coconut butter can be found in the peanut butter section in jars. One brand is Artisana and can be bought on line as well. Artisana has single serve packs, two of which work perfectly for this recipe.
**You could first process ¼ cup of the pecans until they are nut butter, then add the rest of the ingredients as instructed. Pecan butter is also available by Artisana, however you may need to be aware that there are cashews in their pecan butter. Almond butter or peanut butter are other options.
These fat bombs comply with Keto, Low Carb, and Paleo type diets.