Our curried chicken and apple salad will be a welcome dish at lunch or dinner.
• ½ cup Mayonnaise (or ¼ cup plain yogurt and ¼ cup mayonnaise)
• 1 tablespoon curry powder or to taste
• 1/8 teaspoon each sea salt and pepper
• 1 clove garlic, minced, if desired
• 2 cups diced cooked chicken (8 ounces)
• 5 green onions, including tops, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
• 1 large sweet green or red pepper, cored, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
• Honey Crisp or Red Delicious apple, cored, and diced (1 cup)
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried
• 1 tablespoon minces fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt if used, curry powder, salt, pepper and garlic. Stir in the chicken, green onions, bell pepper, apple, cilantro and parsley. Serving suggestion: Scoop into a Boston lettuce leaf with 2 slices of avocado.