(You won’t miss spaghetti or the carbs anymore)
by Nancy Weyrauch Mehlert, MS
Palmini and meat sauce is an awesome recipe that satisfies your cravings for spaghetti and meat sauce.
4 T grass-fed butter or ghee
6 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
1- 8 ounce package of Palmini Angel Hair
½ lb of 100% grass-fed beef, 85/15
1/3 cup sliced green olives
12-14 ounces jarred organic marinara
½ cup grated Pecorino Romano sheep cheese
- In a large skillet, melt the butter on medium high heat.
- Slice the mushrooms thinly into the pan and cook until soft.
- Add the ground meat to the pan and cook until brown and reduce heat to medium.
- Open the Palmini package and drain water off of the “noodles”.
- Add them to the mushroom and ground beef mix.
- Add green olives, marinara, and cheese.
- Stir to mix ingredients and heat for 3-5 more minutes until cheese is melted, and the mixture is bubbly and hot. Then serve.
Ideas: Choose the meat, and additions as desired. Veal, lamb, pork, chicken, or bison would work nicely as meat options, as would shrimp. Spinach, black olives, capers, and zucchini slices would be nice vegetable options. This could easily be placed in a buttered casserole dish with the cheese on top and reheated in the oven at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
Available at Walmart, Kroger, Whole Foods, Amazon, and directly from www.eatpalmini.com.