Nutty Pie Crust
Makes one 9 inch bottom pie crust
1 ⅓ cups ground nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, and/or macadamia nuts)
⅔ cup ground golden flaxseeds
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1. In a large bowl, stir together the nuts, flaxseeds, butter until well blended.
2. Press into a 9” pie plate.
3. To pre-bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Cover the pie crust with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, turn the pie plate, and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the crust is golden and no longer moist to the touch.
Pumpkin Pie Filling
Fills one 9” pie crust (See above.)
1 can pumpkin puree (15-ounce)
⅔ cup full fat, canned, organic, coconut milk
6 tablespoons Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup made with Monk Fruit
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 rounded tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 rounded teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 egg yolk, room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a bowl, place all of the ingredients except the eggs and stir until just blended.
3. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time and then the egg yolk. Don’t overmix.
4. Pour the filling into the crust and spread it around to the edges.
5. Cover the pie with foil and bake for 55-65 minutes or until center is nearly set, just slightly jiggly.
6. Allow to cool completely at room temperature to avoid excessive cracking. Once cooled, serve, or, cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days prior to serving.