(2 Servings per potato)
1 Medium Sweet Potato
1 Tablespoon Arrowroot
1 Tablespoon butter or coconut oil, melted
Seasoning suggestions: Pepper, Lemon Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Rosemary, Onion or Garlic powder
- Wash the sweet potatoes.
- Using a sharp knife slice them into even, similarly sized matchstick fries, not more than ¼ inch in thickness. Peel adds nutrition but you may also peel them if you prefer.
- Place them in a bowl of very cold water for 30 minutes or more, overnight is ideal.
- Drain and dry off the potatoes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter or coconut oil and toss the fries in the oil to coat well.
- In another bowl put 1 Tablespoon of arrowroot per whole potato. Don’t salt yet, however you can add to the arrowroot seasonings such as pepper, smoked paprika, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder etc.. Lightly Should be closer to a dusting than a breading so err on the light side.
- Then spread evenly on the parchment paper into one even layer.
- Bake until crispy 13-15 minutes on one side, then flip the fries, and put them back in the oven until brown and crisp, another 7-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, salt generously, and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.