Try this fast, simple and healthy frittatas recipe.
• 2 Cups raw chopped vegetables (mushrooms, spinach, bell pepper, kale, tomato and/or onion, all work well)
• 1 Cup leftover spaghetti squash or shredded raw zucchini
• 3 nitrate free sausage links, sliced (Applegate Farms, Jones All Natural) – optional
• Herbs of your choice (fresh chopped basil or dill or Herbs de Province)
• Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
• ¼ cup Parmesan or shredded goat cheddar cheese
• 6-7 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Use a large muffin tin, individual ramekins or pie dish and liberally oil with coconut oil, butter or non-stick spray.
3. Place a layer of spaghetti squash or shredded zucchini in the bottom of the baking container(s). (Great replacement for hash brown potato!)
4. Top with chopped raw veggie mixture, followed by cheese, then sausage, herbs, spices, sea salt and pepper.
5. Pour beaten eggs evenly over the top. At this point, it can be covered and refrigerated overnight. Bake in the oven until fluffy and lightly browned or set. Enjoy or let cool to room temperature for lunchboxes and quick snacks.
Per Serving: Calories 175, Total Fat: 8 g, Sat. Fat: 3g, Carbs: 8g, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 17g, Sodium: 367 mg. (4 Servings)
Contributed by Nancy Mehlert, M.S.