Combine fresh herbs to give this roasted squash recipe its full flavor.
• 2 cups assorted fresh, seasonal squash, cut into bite sized pieces
• Fresh tarragon, thyme and rosemary finely chopped *
• 1 T grape seed oil or cold pressed olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place squash in a large plastic storage bag. Drizzle the squash with oil and sprinkle with herbs. Seal the bag and toss to coat the squash with the oil and herbs. Then remove the squash from the bag and roast the squash in an oven safe dish, tossing a couple of times while cooking.
*Hints for using fresh herbs:
• Use primarily the leaves of the fresh herbs.
• Store unused herbs in the freezer in plastic storage bags for future use.
• Bruising or chopping the herbs allows the flavor to expand.
Fresh herbs are an excellent way to add flavor to any dish without the use of artificial additives, sodium, or fat. Try it. You will love it!