by Mila McManus, MD
From a Functional Medicine perspective, you will find many of the core concepts and ideas about health and wellness nestled into the following great books. I have routinely recommended these books to people over the last several years. We may not necessarily agree with absolutely every word, or suggest everything for every person, but I think these books are worthwhile reads for anyone seeking answers, treatment options, and/or optimal health for themselves and their loved ones.
- The Healing Code by Alexander Lloyd, PhD., ND.
- Why Isn’t My Brain Working? by Dr. Datis Kharrazian
- The End of Alzheimer’s by Dale Bredesen, MD.
- The Metabolic Approach to Cancer by Dr. Nasha Winters
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride MD
- Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect the Brain by David Perlmutter, MD.