Each recipe makes 3 eight-inch tortillas with each tortilla counting as 9 carbohydrates. Similar and suitable to replace a flour tortilla or a French crepe, the simplicity of making these will thrill anyone with a busy life who enjoys good food. This great Paleo recipe for tortillas will leave you feeling fulfilled.
-1 teaspoon melted butter or coconut oil
-1/4 cup arrowroot powder
-1 teaspoon coconut flour
-pinch of salt
-1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (if using a sweet crepe application)
1. Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the melted ghee, butter or coconut oil. For a thinner tortilla, add one tablespoon of water. If using as a crepe sweet application, add vanilla extract also.
2. Add the dry ingredients, arrowroot powder, coconut flour and salt to the wet ingredients. Beat well to combine.
3. In a small, 8” skillet, over medium heat, pour in about 1/3 of the batter and immediately roll it around to evenly coat the bottom. The tortilla should start to pull away fro the edges as it cooks.
4. Cook for 1 minute on each side.
5. To store, cool completely and put in a plastic bag or airtight glass container.
Use the tortilla to fill with taco seasoned ground buffalo, chopped tomato, onion and avocado, topped with pico de gallo.
Use in the lunchbox as a wrap in place of sandwiches.
Create a treat and fill with unsweetened applesauce and topped with cinnamon and chopped pecans.
Make a burrito filled with chicken and beans and topped with a tomato sauce or create a quesadilla for the cheese tolerant among you.