Makes 20 Crackers
- 1 cup finely ground golden flaxseeds
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 ¼ cup filtered water
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Grease an 11 x 8 inch shallow baking pan with ghee or butter
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except water, mixing well.
3. Pour the water into the dry ingredients and quickly mix until just combined. Pour immediately into baking pan and spread evenly. If the dough begins to firm up before you can spread it out, put a spoon under hot water for a few seconds and then use the wet, warm spoon to spread the dough to a uniform thickness.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the pan in the oven for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and using a pizza cutter, cut into about 20 crackers.
Each cracker: 34 calories, 2g protein, 2g carbohydrate, 2g total fat, .5g saturated fat, 2g fiber and 167 mg sodium.