Makes 2 Cups
- 1 cup shredded goat cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Manchego sheep cheese
- ⅓ cup avocado mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped pimento or roasted bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill
Shopping and Preparation Instructions:
- 1. Select a firm goat or sheep cheese. Ideal choices include Montchevre Goat Cheddar Cheese and a Manchego sheep cheese. Pecorino Romano works too IF you like a very salty dip. Use a grater to shred them.
- 2. Buy a jar of chopped pimento or roasted red bell pepper. Put it in a very small prep bowl and cut with scissors until pieces are small.
- 3. Choose an avocado oil mayonnaise such as Primal Kitchen, Sir Kensington’s or Chosen Foods.
- 4. Combine all ingredients together blending with a fork and refrigerate to allow flavors to develop.
- 5. Serve as a dip with Mary’s Gone Crackers or Beanitos. Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Casein is one of the proteins found in milk and the protein from which cheeses are made. There are two kinds of beta-casein, A1 and A2. Some cows produce both proteins( most breeds raised in the U.S.) while other breeds of cows, along with most other milk producing animals (goats, sheep, and camel) produce purely A2 milk. Recent research has suggested that milk containing A1 casein can potentially lead to adverse health outcomes including problems with blood sugar and cardiovascular issues.2 Some other health risks associated with A1 milk can be digestive issues, intolerance to dairy products, and even a slowing of cognitive processes.3