From The Candida Cure Cookbook, by Ann Boroch, CNC, 2016, pg.183
1 cup almond, pecan or hazelnut meal
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup ground flaxseeds
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
6-8 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon organic raw apple cider vinegar
Ghee, Duck fat, or additional olive oil to coat the pan
- Preheat oven to 350◦. Generously coat a loaf pan with ghee, duck fat or olive oil.
- Remove needles from the stems of the fresh rosemary and mince with scissors or herb mill to get 1 tablespoon.
- Peel garlic and mince cloves by hand or in a mini-prep food processor.
- In a large bowl, blend together the nut meal, coconut flour, ground flaxseeds, sea salt, baking soda, rosemary and garlic.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the eggs, ½ cup olive oil and organic raw apple cider vinegar. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake on the middle rack of the oven for about 40-50 minutes, until bread is firm to the touch and golden brown on top.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the loaf pan.
- Enjoy with organic ghee or dipped in fresh olive oil.
- Store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. Also freezes well in a loaf or sliced pieces.