Some Causes of Pain That You May Not Know About
by Mila McManus MD
I’m going to make this short and to the point. I want to make this topic concise yet meaty. Some of the items below have links if you wish to delve deeper.
Here are some causes of pain that you may not know about:
- Certain foods due to their nature, such as grains and sugar (read more here)
- Food sensitivities and intolerance
- Dysbiosis (aka microbial imbalance in the gut)
- Adrenal fatigue (test yourself here)
- Low thyroid function (test yourself here)
- Chronic infection(s), whether obvious or in disguise, such as a tooth abscess, infection in the gastrointestinal tract, or chronic lyme disease (the existence of chronic lyme disease is still very controversial in the medical field).
- Poor posture
- Certain Medications (prescription as well as over-the-counter) e.g., statin drugs used to lower cholesterol
- Being overweight which causes inflammation throughout the body
- Healing process that stalls out (read about how PEMF can help with this)
- Nutrient deficiencies (e.g., vitamin D, B vitamins)
As you can see, there are many ways you can address chronic pain other than with pain medications. Call (281) 298-6742 today for more information on how we can help you address your chronic pain, and forward this newsletter to someone you care about who suffers with chronic pain!