from The Plant Paradox Cookbook, by Steven R. Gundry, MD
- Butter or ghee
- 1 ½ cups almond flour (or hazelnut flour)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 pastured eggs
- ½ cup Swerve (erythritol)
- ¼ avocado oil
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup unsweetened full fat, canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1. Coat a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan lightly with butter or ghee and line with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, Swerve, avocado oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- 4. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- 5. Fold in the poppy seeds, then transfer dough to prepared loaf pan.
- 6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- 7. Let cool for a few minutes before running a knife around the edge of the pan to help remove the loaf. Serve while still warm, or at room temperature.