Here’s a fun way to spice up quinoa. It’s one of our favorite quinoa recipes.
• 1 C quinoa
• 2 C vegetable or chicken broth
• ½ C goat feta cheese if desired
• 1 C diced tomato
• ½ C canned black beans, rinsed and drained
• ¼ C chopped red or white onion
• 2 T chopped cilantro
• Juice of 1 Lime
• 2 T cold pressed olive oil
• Chopped jalapeño if desired, to taste
Prepare quinoa in broth according to package directions. Spread out on cookie sheet or plate to cool completely. Place cooked and cooled quinoa in a bowl and add cheese, tomato, black beans, onion, cilantro and jalapeno if desired. Blend. Add lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper to taste.