Salmon Cakes with Caper Sauce
- 6 ounces raw salmon, skin removed and diced into small cubes
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup ground walnuts
- ½ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tsp dill weed
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
1. Combine salmon, egg, ground walnuts, parsley, dill weed, sea salt and cayenne together in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to several hours. Form into 2 patties.
2. Preheat oven to broil. Place salmon patties on a lightly greased baking dish and broil for 5-7 minutes on each side.
3. While salmon is broiling, melt butter and combine with capers, lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
4. Top salmon patties with melted butter-lemon-caper sauce and serve.