From www.paleorunningmoma.com, Paleo and Whole30, dairy free, egg free
Makes 6 Servings
6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin-on
Sea salt and pepper to season chicken
1 teaspoon lemon garlic seasoning or garlic powder
3 tablespoons ghee
8 ounces fresh spinach, roughly chopped
14 ounce can artichoke hearts roughly chopped
½ medium onion chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
¾ cup chicken broth, or bone broth
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Pinch crushed red pepper, optional
Sea salt and pepper to season veggies
¼ cup coconut milk, full fat, blended prior to adding
2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400° and make sure ingredients are prepped.
- 2. Heat a large cast iron skillet (or any oven proof skillet) over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and lemon-garlic seasoning, rubbing in to coat the skin.
- 3. Add 2 tablespoons of ghee to the skillet, then brown the chicken on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- 4. Remove the chicken from the skillet onto a plate and lower heat to medium. Add remaining tablespoon of ghee to the pan.
- 5. Add onions and cook until softened for one minute. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Then add spinach in batches until wilted. Finally add the artichoke hearts stirring and cooking for another 3 minutes until vegetables are heated through. Season with crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to taste, stir in the broth and lemon juice. Remove from heat.
- 6. Return chicken to the skillet and place the skillet in preheated oven and bake 25 minutes, until cooked through, and then return the skillet to the stovetop.
- 7. Remove the chicken to dinner plates. Whisk the arrowroot and mustard into the coconut milk and then add to the skillet. Whisk while bringing to a boil for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Serve the veggies and sauce with the chicken and enjoy.