By Guest Contributor Christine Prohl, BodyMind Coach and Integrative Massage Therapist
Edited by Mila McManus MD
We live in a world that values busyness and achievement and we’ve been taught to ignore the warning signs our bodies are sending us.
BodyMind coaching is a combination of a massage and a structured coaching conversation which helps guide people back into their bodies to create simple, yet powerful shifts so that they can move out of pain and frustration and into freedom and ease. It addresses all aspects of stress, physical and emotional.
A Custom Integrative Massage uses various advanced techniques which are customized to the individual client’s needs. For example, a person may have tight fascia with constant muscle aches, or might retain fluid that needs draining by stimulating lymph flow. Another person may need to focus more on relaxation and mood with a lighter massage and some essential oils.
Sessions may include any combination of the following:
- Swedish Massage – The most commonly offered and best known type of massage. Excellent for stress relief, boosted immune system, improved sleep, reduced anxiety and reduced fatigue.
- Deep Tissue Massage – Similar to Swedish but with deeper more specific pressure. Designed to increase circulation and reduce restriction and pain in the fascia and muscle tissue.
- Neuromuscular Therapy – NMT is a form of soft-tissue manipulation designed to treat the underlying causes of chronic pain involving the muscular and nervous systems. It benefits you through reducing pain, improving posture, relieving trigger points. This type of massage is beneficial for relief of chronic pain, recovery from injuries such as whiplash or sports injuries, repetitive stress injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, postural problems, etc.
- Sports Massage – Techniques designed to help prepare for or recover from strenuous activity or an athletic event. It’s not just for athletes! It’s great for someone getting back into a workout routine or a weekend warrior who did too much yard work all at once.
- Lymphatic Drainage – a very light touch technique to help clear out areas of lymph congestion.
Additional services that can be scheduled as individual appointments or as add-ons to the Custom Integrative Massage session include:
- FasciaBlasting – Incorporates a massage tool specifically designed to reduce restrictions, adhesions and distortions in the fascia system of the body. Great for pain relief and improved circulation.
- Cupping – Includes the use of special cups on your skin to create suction. Benefits include decreased pain and inflammation and increased circulation.
- Infrared Sauna – There are many benefits to sitting in an IR sauna including pain relief and detoxification.
- Essential Oils – Can be added to any service. Certified pure therapeutic grade oils have been shown to help relieve pain, improve mood and promote a sense of relaxation.
Through a powerful combination of coaching and bodywork, we will notice where and how stress shows up in your body and learn to shift toward experiencing more clarity and contentment. This intentional conversation is followed up with amazing bodywork to integrate these new insights on a physiological level.
The Woodlands Institute for Health & Wellness welcomes Christine Prohl to our facility!
She moved her office here on April 1, 2019. She has been Dr. McManus’ personal massage therapist for years, and Dr. McManus recently transitioned to BodyMind coaching with her.
Testimonial from Dr McManus: “Christine is amazing at what she does! I’ve never known a massage therapist who offers, and excels at, so many different techniques.”
If you’d like to learn more about BodyMind coaching or integrative massage, you can contact Christine Prohl at 832-338-7792.