- 4 cups green beans
- 1.5 cups of cooked beans (pinto, black, lima, navy, cannellini, or chickpeas)
- ½ red onion or a few shallots
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon
- ½ cup of hazelnuts or almonds, toasted
- 8 to 10 oz fresh goat feta cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- 2 tsp strong mustard
- 1 TBS organic apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
Wash and trim tops of green beans. Steam for 4 to 5 minutes until crispy (do not over steam!). Remove from heat and put in cold water immediately to stop cooking.
Cook second bean selection until soft but not mushy, remove from heat and rinse in cool water. (or use two cans of cooked beans, BPA free, organic, rinse before using)
Make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously.
Place both beans in a large bowl and add all other salad ingredients.
Toss green bean mixture in dressing; season to taste with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Source: Meatless Mondays with Martha Stewart