Having trouble sleeping? Try this savory oats and salmon recipe for better sleep.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tsp organic, pressed coconut oil
- ½ cup gluten free steel cut oats
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 5 oz pouches cooked wild salmon
- 1 tsp fresh dill, plus garnish
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 apple, chopped (Honey Crisp, Fuji or Pink Lady)
1. Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan on medium-low for 1 minute. Add oats and onion and toast for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour in boiling water. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer oats about 25 minutes, checking to see if oats are just getting tender but not too soft.
2. Let oats stand and thicken for 2 minutes before gently stirring/tossing in the remaining ingredients. Divide salmon-oat hash among 4 plates and garnish with dill if desired.
Serving Suggestion : Pair with a fresh, spinach salad.
Nutrients per serving (1/2 cup oats, 4 oz salmon, ½ cup vegetables)
Calories: 266, Total Fat: 9g, Carbs: 22g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 24g.