• 1 head of cauliflower
• 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
• ½ cup fresh or frozen onions, sliced
• 1 cup fresh celery, sliced
• 2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
1. Rinse and remove the green leaves and stems from the cauliflower.
2. Cut the cauliflower into pieces and use a food processor to shred to rice consistency. This can be used with the blade by pulsing to desired texture. Or if you have a shredding blade, this too will work well.
3. Slice the mushrooms, dice the celery and onion and set aside.
4. Melt the butter or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Add all of the ingredients and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning. Serve.
Be creative and add veggies you like such as peas, zucchini, bell pepper, carrot, scallions, green beans, sugar snap peas. The versions are limitless. Chop in leftover chicken, shrimp, pork, veal, lamb or beef. Spice it up with curry or fresh cilantro.
From Paleo Slow Cooking by Chrissy Gower, Victory Belt Publishing, Las Vegas, 2012