Keto Cranberry Sauce and Pumpkin Bread are two great options to make Thanksgiving healthier!
Keto Cranberry Sauce
12 ounces fresh cranberries
1 cup powdered erythritol (recommend Swerve brand)
¾ cup filtered water
1 teaspoon orange zest
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cranberries, water, erythritol, and orange zest in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the cranberries pop and a sauce forms.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Notes and Serving Suggestions: The confectioners, powdered Swerve will prevent the sauce from crystalizing in the refrigerator so if making ahead, use this product for best results. It is available online and at most grocery stores. Use orange zest to taste. If you enjoy the orange flavor, you may wish to increase to 2 teaspoons to intensify the orange flavor.
Keto Pumpkin Bread
6 large pasture raised eggs
1 ½ cup almond, pecan, or walnut flour
½ heaping cup organic pumpkin puree
1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
4 tablespoons Swerve confectioners or Lakanto monk fruit sweetener
¾ teaspoons vanilla extract
6 tablespoons grass fed butter, melted
¾ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup chopped walnut or pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the pans to prevent sticking.
- Combine all ingredients, except nuts, into a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer or food processor.
- Fold in ½ of the nuts into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into greased pans and top with the remaining nuts.
- Bake mini muffins or mini loaves for 30 minutes. If using the larger single loaf, bake until sides pull away slightly from the pan and a toothpick comes out of the center clean, about 45-55 minutes.
Note: This recipe has wonderful texture and taste. However, it does not rise much so loaves and muffins are not high. We provide this information to avoid disappointment. Taste and texture make these worth making!