- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups, chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Baharat Spice Mix*
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Combine the quinoa and stock and cook according to instructions until done. (Cauliflower rice would work well in place of quinoa for a lower carb, grain free, solution).
- 2. In a skillet, cook the ground lamb until done and remove from the pan to a bowl. Reserve the drippings.
- 3. In the same skillet, in the lamb drippings, sauté the onion until translucent. Add the quinoa, cooked lamb and the Baharat Spice Mix, turmeric and salt, stirring until well blended. Serve and enjoy.
*Bahārāt is a spice mixture or blend used in Middle Eastern and Greek cuisine. Bahārāt is the Arabic word for ‘spices’. The mixture of finely ground spices is often used to season lamb, fish, chicken, beef, and soups and may be used as a condiment. Wikipedia* It can be bought on line and likely found in Middle Eastern grocery stores as well.